Sunday, June 17, 2018

Emil Varga


Emil's images portray the beauty of flowers, the tranquility of evening sunsets and visions of Ontario landscapes captured in watercolour and mixed media in a semi-realistic style.

He was born in Cornwall, Ontario and he has lived in Peterborough, Ontario since the early 1940’s where he attended several public schools, followed by high school at Kenner and PCVS.

After which he was offered a drafting apprentice ship at C.G.E., later transferring into product and design engineering.

Forty two years later, when Emil retired and decided to pursue a life long interest in the arts.

He is self taught, but has taken workshops from many notable artists.

"As far as creating a piece of art is concerned, I would say that as I am working on a project (in the solitude of my workshop with my classical music playing), the mood, which is serene and peaceful, seems to be almost spiritual and when finished, I am amazed at what I have accomplished. Because I did not start my painting full time until my retirement, I recommend to all budding artists study and read as much as possible because it is never too late to start a creative journey."












No comments:

Post a Comment