Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pat Harvey McCourt

After retiring from a 35 year career, we moved to the Buckhorn area from London, Ontario.

I am a "newbie" to the wonderful world of watercolour, with no previous painting experience. One of our neighbours suggested a group of us get together and try our hand at watercolour painting. Becky Bilcox has been a patient and inspiring artist, as well as a great friend who continues to help me develop my technique. Madelaine Alter continues to encourage me to develop my own style.

I have since joined the Buckhorn, Lakefield, and Kawartha Artists Groups. My first three day watercolour workshop at Six Foot Bay in the spring of 2012 was a learning experience taught by Doug Mays, followed by another three day workshop in the fall of 2012 with Art Cunanan. Both workshops were interesting and a lot of fun. I have now met a huge circle of painters in the area who are all willing to share their expertise, so needless to say, I am proud to be able to sign and frame some of my work.

















I have yet to discover what my favourite subject is to paint, however, I have come to appreciate the beautiful and bold colours we have surrounding us every single day. It's amazing how we take colour for granted - I can't believe I am studying the sky every day with its ever changing shapes, forms and colour! The good news is I am having fun learning and experimenting with colour, style, shapes, perspective, images etc. - the list goes on and on. Painting provides a good, positive, and sometimes productive new career.

No comments:

Post a Comment